Monday, February 3, 2014

Can You Guess Emmy Rossum's Biggest Beauty Blunder?


(Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America)It's hard to imagine the elegant Emmy Rossum could possibly suffer from the every day woes of winter-ravaged skin or annoying breakouts, but even the Shameless star shares much of the same skin worries we do. She has sensitive skin, she breaks out, and she gets *gasp* puffy eyes. But with a meticulous beauty regimen, Rossum has tackled some of these common beauty problems head on.

We sat down with Rossum, who is the brand ambassador for the anti-aging skincare line Restorsea, and got her top beauty picks for obtaining healthy skin. Not only does the 27-year old use Restorsea's Reviving Cleanser and Revitalizing Eye Cream—which she recommends putting in the fridge to give puffy eyes a real wake-up call—but she swears by a morning scrub with her Clarisonic, as well as a concoction of moisturizer and face oil to fight off dry skin. Rossum favors oils from The Beauty Counter, FYI.


(Photo by Caitlin Miller/StyleBistro) Fun fact: Emmy's favorite Instagram filter is X-Pro II.But alas, even the most meticulous beauty gal can suffer from a beauty blunder every now and again.

"In June, I thought that I might cut bangs," Rossum said. "So I got an extension piece, and I clipped it in the front and cut it across to make a fake bang to see what it would look like."

Can you see where this is going?

"But I accidentally cut part of my own hair with it and ended up having to cut bangs, because my hair on the left side was about an inch above my eye brow," she said. "I had to get bangs whether or not I liked it."

Upon some investigation, we think we found the result of Rossum's bang disaster.


(PacificCoastNews.com)But despite her bad (if you can call it that) experience with DIY bangs, Rossum insists she is quite the at-home beauty fiend.

"I'm not very extravagant," she said. "I like facials, but I'm not into caviar, body-soaking milk, whatever, and I consider myself very DIY." We learned she can give facials, cut cuticles, tweeze eyebrows, color hair, play with curling irons, etc. "I can do all that stuff," she said.

Yet somehow we got the sense her main pride and joy is her manicure abilities. "I'm just really good at giving my friends manicures," she said. "Girls' night in: wine, game night, and manicures."

No comments:

Post a Comment